Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2008

My MBTI Personality Types - ENFJ/INFJ

This week, I took the first course of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator series at my daytime job  this past week. This is a really interesting personality assessment. It is focused on helping you to find your core self (in relation to sorting your internal preferences). What we typically consider to be our defined personality type is what we humans demonstrate to society as survival tactics.

Obstacles to type development were mentioned:

  • Pressures of environment
  • Lack of faith in one's own defined type
  • Lack of acceptance at home
  • Lack of opportunity
  • Lack of incentive

A defining moment during this course was when I realized that I demonstrate (in my current position) various attributes of a Sensing person, but I definitely have an Intuiting preference internally. I don't like dealing with the specific details of things, but I will do it quite well if needed. My current job has strong auditing tasks but it is a very boxed-in position - it's pre-defined with little room for adjustments/changes. I have often wondered why my previous job at Masco Contractor Services was much more enjoyable for me than my current higher salaried job. I now believe it was the freedom to self-manage and the ability to implement changes that promoted structured tasks with little room for errors that defined my love of the job.

My self-select type is: INFJ

Seek meaning and connection in ideas, relationships, and material possessions. Want to understand what motivates people and are insightful about others. Conscientious and committed to their firm values. Develop a clear vision about how best to serve the common good. Organized and decisive in implementing their vision.

My type as defined by my MBTI results is: ENFJ

Warm, empathetic, responsive, and responsible. Highly attuned to the emotions, needs, and motivations of others. Find potential in everyone, want to help others fulfill their potential. May act as catalysts for individual and group growth. Loyal, responsive to praise and criticism. Sociable, facilitate others in a group, and provide inspiring leadership.

I'm really looking forward to the other courses in the series. I'm now keeping these types in mind as I plan my future endeavors.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution By license.

No comments:

Post a Comment